Gabrielle De Micheli
Currently, I am focusing on the mathematical aspects of applied cryptography. My work lies at the intersection of Mathematics and Cryptography, with particular research interests discrete logarithm in finite fields, lattice-based cryptography, computational number theory and the Number Field Sieve algorithm. I am interested in both attacks and defenses with a particular interest in using mathematical techniques for obtaining a better understanding of the security properties of commonly used cryptographic primitives in real-world applications.
|September 2018 - current||PhD in Computer Science,Inria, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France|
|September 2016 - September 2018||PhD in Computer Science (transfer), University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA|
|May 2018||Master of Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA|
|October 2016||Master of Mathematics, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|Sept 2015 - Jan 2016||Master Thesis, Imperial College, London, UK|
|July 2014||Bachelor of Mathematics, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|Address||Office B250, LORIA
615, rue du Jardin Botanique
Fields of Interest
Applied Cryptography, Security, Algebra, Geometry (Riemannian Geometry), General Relativity
- A Tale of Three Signatures: practical attack of ECDSA with wNAF. Gabrielle De Micheli, Remi Piau, and Cecile Pierrot. [eprint]
- Characterizing overstretched NTRU attacks. Gabrielle De Micheli, Nadia Heninger, and Barak Shani. [eprint]
- CacheQuote: Efficiently Recovering Long-term Secrets of SGX EPID via Cache Attacks. Fergus Dall, Gabrielle De Micheli, Thomas Eisenbarth, Daniel Genkin, Nadia Heninger, Ahmad Moghimi, and Yuval Yarom. TCHES 2018. [Slides][video]
Workshops and invited talks
- CacheQuote: Efficiently Recovering Long-term Secrets of SGX EPID via Cache Attacks. Security Seminar, MIT, September 2018 [Slides]
- CacheQuote: Efficiently Recovering Long-term Secrets of SGX EPID via Cache Attacks. Security Seminar, University of Pennsylvania, September 2018 [Slides]
- Characterizing overstretched NTRU attacks. Mathcrypt, August 2018 [slides]
- 2013 Spring Semester (EPFL) - General Phyiscs II
- I play the piano.
- I enjoy mountaineering and traveling the world.